Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Royal Blooz and the Bitches Brew - from Adrie

Describe a colour when you think of Fall/Autumn. If that resembles warmth, golden hues, red-browns...well unless you are talking about the ritual falling of leaves in Toronto, Canada, I don't like it.

For me, I have always liked the blue and grey tones. Nothing beats a grey smokey eyes and a subtle blue-tone pink lip. Gotta be careful with the pink lip, you don't want to look like a jersey whore now...ah I kid.

Anyway, I have noticed on various beauty blogs and I have noticed that a lot of the Fall/Winter 2011 trends are leaning towards the blue tones again, just like 2009. Yes I remember when, why? Because I bought a MAC eyeshadow palette called "Grey" back in 2009.


I'm so excited to see what else is coming and how many more blue things I can add to my vanity and wardrobe. Here is what I have so far:



Dress



Cornflower Blue Dress from Theory








Vintage navy blue dress








Bridesmaids dress from Henkaa in royal blue




Everyday




Dark blue Levi skinny jeans


Navy Blue Cardigan from Zara


Navy blue Deep V-Neck T from American Apparel



Beauty





"Grey" Quad from Backstage F/W 2009 for the perfect smokey eye with the blue to tease.



MAC "Blooz" Eye Kohl. One of my first MAC purchases, if you can't tell.





Midnight blue nail polish in "Russian Navy" by OPI

Extras



Scarf imported from India



Necklace to wear with a black tube dress.



Semi-precious Lapis pendant



Vintage head piece with lace.




I did a bit of research on the hues of blues and I stumbled upon a colour called "Duke Blue" associated with Duke University. When I read that, the first thing I thought of was their basketball team. Well I know where I am going if the lockout prevents me from going to Boston.


Until next time,



From Adrie

No comments:

Post a Comment