Saturday, January 16, 2010

I did it!!!

Good morning, I can't sleep although it is still so early, on a SATURDAY! But I have good news to report: I ran the whole 5k without stopping in less than 40 minutes. It felt really nice. The good thing about the track at the athletic centre is that there is air conditioning so I felt some resistance while running. If not, I think everyone would just suffocate from each other's BO hahahaha.

I think I can attribute my success to two things:

1. Goal setting. Before I went to the gym I wrote down what I wanted to accomplish in the gym and stuck by it. It really made things coherent and when I jotted it down, I committed to it. In addition to the run I did some lunges and worked on toning my triceps as they have been long forgotten. I also ended it with some yoga when I got home to stretch everything out.

2. Breathing through my nose. I used to have a bad habit of breathing through my mouth. I am not sure if why exactly it is not as beneficial as breathing through your nose but it made a HUGE difference.

Anyway until next time :D

No comments:

Post a Comment